Bible Verses About Depression
There is no other way to express it other than depression sucks. If you're depressed, please seek out professional help. God wants you to be healthy and depression free and getting professional help is important in this process. In addition to that, you can also seek guidance from God in Bible verses about depression. The combination of these two can help you fight your depression and overcome your depression. If you're searching for Bibles quotes about depression to try and help a friend or family member who is depressed, again do so in combination with offering to help them get professional help. A wonderful way to begin the process of getting them the help they need is to use the Bible Verses about Depression Generator to find Bible scriptures about depression that apply to their situation.
The Bible quotes about depression that applies to your current situation depends quite a bit on what has you depressed. The best Bible verses on depression for you will change depending on what is causing you to be depressed and how deep the depression happens to be. The same is true if you're searching for what God says about depression for a friend. What may apply to one friend may not be what another one needs. God wants you to be healthy and happy, so He wants you to find Bible scriptures on depression that'll help you fight it and eventually overcome it. Being able to understand that Bible verses about depression will change depending on the specific situation you find yourself facing can help you fight and overcome your depression with the help of God.
To help you find the Bible quotes about depression, we've made the Bible Verses about Depression Generator as easy as possible to use. All that needs to be done is making the choice of the number of Bible scriptures about depression you want to see each time you press the generation button, then click to begin. This will automatically generate the Bible quotes on forgiveness which you can immediately begin to read and to study to find the meaning in them God wants you to understand. For those people who find it more convenient to study from a list of Bible verses about depression, you can find this list directly below.
List of Bible Verses about Depression
- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.
- The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
- The LORD
is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have
- But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew
their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
- And the LORD, he
it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
- But thou, O LORD,
art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
- Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
- Thou wilt keep
him in perfect peace,
on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things
are honest, whatsoever things
are just, whatsoever things
are pure, whatsoever things
are lovely, whatsoever things
are of good report; if
there be any virtue, and if
there be any praise, think on these things.
- Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock,
and established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth,
even praise unto our God: many shall see
it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Come unto me, all
ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke
is easy, and my burden is light.
- Rejoice in the Lord alway:
and again I say, Rejoice.
- And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I
am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.
- Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
- Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God
is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
- Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me,
his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good
things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God
is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear
- He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock,
and established my goings.