Bible Verses About Depression
There is no other way to express it other than depression sucks. If you're depressed, please seek out professional help. God wants you to be healthy and depression free and getting professional help is important in this process. In addition to that, you can also seek guidance from God in Bible verses about depression. The combination of these two can help you fight your depression and overcome your depression. If you're searching for Bibles quotes about depression to try and help a friend or family member who is depressed, again do so in combination with offering to help them get professional help. A wonderful way to begin the process of getting them the help they need is to use the Bible Verses about Depression Generator to find Bible scriptures about depression that apply to their situation.
The Bible quotes about depression that applies to your current situation depends quite a bit on what has you depressed. The best Bible verses on depression for you will change depending on what is causing you to be depressed and how deep the depression happens to be. The same is true if you're searching for what God says about depression for a friend. What may apply to one friend may not be what another one needs. God wants you to be healthy and happy, so He wants you to find Bible scriptures on depression that'll help you fight it and eventually overcome it. Being able to understand that Bible verses about depression will change depending on the specific situation you find yourself facing can help you fight and overcome your depression with the help of God.
To help you find the Bible quotes about depression, we've made the Bible Verses about Depression Generator as easy as possible to use. All that needs to be done is making the choice of the number of Bible scriptures about depression you want to see each time you press the generation button, then click to begin. This will automatically generate the Bible quotes on forgiveness which you can immediately begin to read and to study to find the meaning in them God wants you to understand. For those people who find it more convenient to study from a list of Bible verses about depression, you can find this list directly below.
List of Bible Verses about Depression
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
- The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
- But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
- You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
- You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
- A Prayer of one afflicted, when he is faint and pours out his complaint before the Lord. Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you! Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress! Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I
- But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth,
- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of
- Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
- To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a wo
- They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you.”
- You hold my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as
- Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”